Svensk Filmindustri acquires the Swedish production company Tre Vänner. As part of the deal, Tre Vänner’s CEO Jonas Fors will take over as CEO for Svensk Filmindustri on October 1.

Svensk Filmindustri has signed an agreement for the purchase of the production company Tre Vänner. As a result, Svensk Filmindustri’s current sole owner Bonnier Growth Media will own 90 percent of the shares in the company, with Tre Vänner’s owners holding the remaining 10 percent.

Svensk Filmindustri, founded in 1919, is the leading Nordic film company, with headquarters in Stockholm and subsidiaries in Denmark, Finland and Norway. Tre Vänner was founded in 1995 with the successful strategy to produce films and TV programming with a local and Nordic flavor but with international potential, which also will be the focus of the combined companies.

“Svensk Filmindustri is a well-known brand which is highly respected by the global film industry with a catalog of more than 1,200 films,” says Ulrika Saxon, Board Chair for Svensk Filmindustri and CEO at Bonnier Growth Media. “To that we’re now adding Tre Vänner, a successful and very exciting production company with a network of creative minds and management with an indisputable track record. The ambition now, under the leadership of Jonas Fors, is to take the next step to realize Svensk Filmindustri’s full potential as a leading European film company.”

Jonas Fors current CEO for Tre Vänner, will take over the helm at Svensk Filmindustri with the goal of producing/co-producing over 40 films per year. He will succeed Rasmus Ramstad, who has been CEO for Svensk since 1999.

“Tre Vänners’ strong performance is due to the success of combining creativity with a business focus,” says Fors. “With Svensk Filmindustri’s fantastic history and expertise in film production and distribution, we will be able to utilize our resources to further develop, produce and distribute unique stories. Together, we have a unique opportunity to meet the new challenges facing the film industry, to attract and keep the most talented creators as well as international investors.”

“After 15 years as CEO for Svensk Filmindustri, it’s time for me to do something else,” says Rasmus Ramstad. “It’s been a fantastic journey and I’m extremely proud of what my team and I have achieved during those years. I’m convinced that Svensk and Tre Vänner have a very exciting future together.”

“Rasmus has been highly appreciated, and during his time as CEO he has developed the company into a top player on the Nordic market,” says Ulrika Saxon. “Together with his team he has laid a solid foundation to further develop the company.”

Mikael Lövgren, main shareholder and Board Chair for Tre Vänner will serve as Executive Chairman for Svensk Filmindustri. Lövgren has a background with The Boston Consulting Group and was one of the founders of its Nordic operations. Since 2006, he’s been responsible for the Nordic investment activities at the private equity company Bridgeport.

Tre Vänner will remain a company and brand within the Svensk Filmindustri group.